- 1 kg of lamb thigh, cut into cubes of about 4 cm
- 2 cups (About 400 g) plain yoghurt (full-fat)
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 cloves of grated garlic (or 1 small teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (the yellow part only) + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Salt, pepper, some oil for spreading
Put 1 cup of the yoghurt in the water in a non-metal basin and stir them to mix. Add the cubes of meat, turn them to catch the mixture everywhere, cover the bowl and keep it in the fridge for 1 night.
The next day, if you are using wooden skewers / skewers, soak them in a basin of water for 30 minutes. Remove the meat from its marinade and dry it by wiping it with absorbent paper. Put the remaining 1 cup of yogurt in a bowl, add cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic, lemon zest and stir. Then put the meat in, stir it to catch yoghurt everywhere and leave it aside for 10-20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the grill (on moderate / high temperature) to warm it up well.
Remove the meat from the yoghurt and pass it on metal or wooden skewers, shaking it lightly to remove most of the yoghurt, salt and pepper. Beat the butter in a bowl with the lemon juice to mix. Grease the hot grill and cook the skewers for about 15-20 minutes, turning them frequently and dripping over the lemon-butter mixture until they are browned well.