Firms hiring motorcycles, mopeds and autocycles can be found in all towns and holiday resorts.
If you are going to drive a motorcycle or moped you need to bear the following in mind:
– The law states that both the driver and passenger must wear a helmet. Rental agencies should supply helmet(s) at the time of rental, upon request.
– A passenger can be carried on appropriate motorcycles/ mopeds provided that he/she is over 12-years-old and sits astride the seat.
– Rates vary according to the category of the motorcycle, the number of days and period of the year.
– Insurance is charged extra.
– Rental is for unlimited mileage.
– The International Motorcycle-Driving License is valid in Cyprus. Visitors may also drive vehicles using their national Motorcycle-Driving License, provided this is valid in their own country for the class of vehicle they wish to drive.
– Persons who are 17 years of age may not drive any vehicles, other than the Auto Cycles (49cc).
– Persons who are over 18 years of age may drive motorcycles depending on the type of license they hold.