The trial for the case of death of a three month old baby that died in hospital in 2018 where it was taken in critical condition by the parents who said it had fallen from the couch, resumed today.
Its mother who had been charged with causing death by reckless action, will not face prosecution due to an Attorney General decision, philenews reported.
The father has been charged with manslaughter and causing death by reckless action and remains in custody in Nicosia Central Prison.
When pathologists determined that the head injuries sustained by the infant were too extensive for a fall from a 70 centimetre high sofa, the father changed his argument and said he had dropped the baby as he was descending the stairs but was too scared to say so because he feared losing custody of his children.
The couple are both aged 29. They have two other children who have been taken under the protection of child services and placed in foster care.
The trial will resume on May 16.