Panagia Chrysaliniotissa Church

Edited by

Dedicated to Panagia Chrysaliniotissa (Our Lady of the Golden Flax), this church is believed to be the oldest Byzantine church in Lefkosia (Nicosia), and thought to have been first built in 1450 by Queen Helena Palaeologina. The church is renowned for its rich collection of old and rare icons, and the street it is located on, within the walled city of Nicosia, was named in its honour (Chrysaliniotissa Street).

Courtesy of the CTO