Menu
Local

Mitsero serial killer’s case goes to court

June 20, 2019 at 12:31pm
Edited by

A 35 year old Cypriot army officer is to be charged with the murder of five women and two children.

Philenews said that police have completed their investigation on the man – who went by the online name of Orestes – and will be filing the case tomorrow, before the eighth court order remanding him in custody expires.

Once charged the suspect will be moved to Nicosia Central Prison to await trial before the Nicosia Criminal Court.

According to Phileleftheros, London-based pathologist Andreas Marnerides who came to Cyprus for the post-mortem examinations on the seven victims has sent his report.

A source told Phileleftheros that the charges will be based on the report.

The suspect has reportedly confessed to the murders in a lengthy statement he wrote out himself and had shown police where he dumped the bodies.

Phileleftheros said the post-mortem examinations showed that some of the victims were strangled but in some cases the findings were inconclusive and results are still expected from toxicological and other tests.

It added that the man will be charged with premeditated murder based on evidence indicating that the killings had been planned in advance.

Read more

Stelios Foundation to aid next of kin of murder victims