Menu
Local

House fire in Armou as resident slept

January 14, 2020 at 9:01am
Edited by

A young woman was able escape a house fire which started as she slept on the sofa of her house in Armou at around midnight on Monday, philenews reports.

It saud that the fire started from an electric heater that overheated and the cover on the sofa next to it caught fire. The woman quickly left the house and called the fire service.

Fire fighters responded with two fire trucks and were able to extinguish the fire, but not before the room and furniture in the rooom sustained significant damage from the heat and smoke.

(File photo)