My salad tribute
by Maria Pirisii
Personally, I love salads! Although in winter I might not ask for it, I still consider a salad dish extremely important for an everyday balanced diet.
Therefore, below are my top restaurant choices for healthy and delicious salads:
- At Skinny Fox you can enjoy- among others- an eye-catching tasteful salad with a Moroccan scent that will satisfy not only your hunger but also your senses!
Menandrou 14, Nicosia, Monday-Sunday 10:30-2:00
- At ‘Pantopwleio Kali Oreksi’ I always order my favorite village salad, with fresh ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil and feta cheese. Vasilews Pavlou 7 (behind the old GSP stadium), Nicosia, 22675151. Monday -Saturday 12:30 -16:00 and 19:30 to 23:00.
- At Patrikon tavern in Tersefanou there is always a place for traditional Cyprus salad in the menu The broad bean salad which is served with seasonal leaves and lots of olive oil is said to be the epitome of authentic Cypriot freshness. Of course at Patrikon you can undoubtedly have a whole traditional taste experience, while ordering zucchini with eggs, homemade halloumi, spare ribs in commandaria, marinated chicken “souvla”, pork fillets, or fried “trahana” balls. And don’t forget: a carob- made dessert is a sine-qua-non to finish your meal properly!
Dionysiou Solomou, Tersefanou Village, 24424831, Larnaca
Thursday 19:30-00:00, Friday-Saturday 19:00-00:00, Sunday 18:00-23:00
- Silver Pot’s salads are unique since they can be described as a hodgepodge of green and dried nuts, fruits, smoked salmon, humus, and meat (pork or chicken fillet). Themistokli Dervi, 3Ε, Nicosia, 22101722 Monday -Friday 8:00 -17:00, Saturday -Sunday 10:00 – 17:00
- When you visit Pelendri, an exquisite village, and more specifically the traditional tavern Symposio, you can choose among fresh and tasteful salads since mr. Nicos, the owner, always uses greens and vegetables straight from his garden!
Prodromou 61, Pelendri Village, 99404348 Tuesday 12:00-15:00, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00-18:00, Friday-Saturday 12:00-21:00, Sunday 12:00-17:00. Monday closed.
- At The Gym, the famous bar restaurant of the old city of Nicosia, you can find our favorite noodles’ cold salad, filled up with tahini dressing.
Onasagorou Street, Nicosia, 87-89, 22002001 Sunday-Thursday, 10:20-2:00, Friday-Saturday 10:20-3:00
- At the Cookshop we highly recommend an interesting green salad with apple, orange, raspberries and melted camembert, or you can enjoy the mohito salad with mixed greens, kale, roasted beets, fresh Anari cheese, quinoa and caramelized peanuts. It is served with chicken. Pindarou 6Α, Nicosia, 22004001. Monday-Saturday 12:00-15:30, Friday 19:45-23:00
- When in Limassol, pay a visit at Fat Fish, where you can either have the beetroot and green apple salad with goat cheese, or the rocket pear salad with stuffed cheese. A pleasure for the eye and the stomach! Georgiou Α 1, Limassol, 25828181