Fire service rescues woman from burning flat

October 19, 2018 at 8:03pm
Edited by
The fire brigade on Friday rescued a woman who had taken refuge on the compressor of the air conditioning unit outside her burning apartment in Strovolos.  Fire fighters used a ladder to bring the 21 year old woman to safety and she was taken to Nicosia Hospital for precautionary reasons.

First indications are that the fire started from a short circuit of an electrical appliance. The young woman could not exit her apartment because of fumes.