Menu
Local

Fire at Nicosia’s K-Cineplex restaurant extinguished

September 27, 2018 at 3:34pm
Edited by

The fire service said on Thursday that it had responded to a fire in the kitchen of a fast food restaurant at K-Cineplex in Strovolos.

It said that the call was received at 11.30 am and the fire was extinguished by 11.54. Two fire trucks were sent to the site to tackle the fire using foam. It said the fire had started because of overheating of oil because of a faulty fryer.

No one was at risk from the fire while the smoke was restricted to the restaurant. The cinema’s facilities were not affected in any way,  the fire service added.