Tip: If you want the cake to last longer, spray it with more alcohol.
- ½ cup various kinds of raisins
- 1/3 cup palm finely chopped
- ½ cup cognac
- 1/3 cup dried fruits
- 1/3 cup almonds roughly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour for all uses
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 5 eggs, separate yolks and egg whites
- Brandy and Grand Marnier for spraying
Preheat the oven at 175 C.
Butter and flour 5-6 small cake pans or a large baking dish.
Put the raisins, the figs and the cognac in a big bowl.
In another bowl, mix the baking powder with soda, vanilla, dried fruits and flour.
In another bowl mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes white and creamy.
Add the egg yolks and mix well.
Empty the brandy from the raisins and add it in the butter mixture.
Mix the egg whites with the meringue.
With a spatula mix the flour and the egg whites in circular movements.
Add the nuts and raisins and mix lightly.
Bake the small cakes for 40 minutes, or if you went with a big cake bake it for 1:25 hours.
When the cake gets cold, spray with brandy and Grand marnier.