- 5 teaspoons of butter
- 2 small potatoes peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 small onion peeled in quarter
- 2 clusters of celery, sliced
- ½ kg of cauliflower chopped
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- ½ fl. whipping cream
- 4 small crayfish cooked and peeled
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of mild curry powder
Stir the curry oil and leave it aside (This can be done the day before). Pour the butter into a pot on a medium heat and sauté the onion to wither. Add leeks and potatoes and cook them for a few minutes. Then, pour the cauliflower in, and when all the vegetables are wilted and soften a little, add the broth.
Boil the vegetables and stir them until they are cooked. Allow the mixture to cool down and then mix on a blender or a mixer. Pass it through a small strainer and return the soup to a clean saucepan. Heat the soup over the fire, stir in the cream and control the salt and pepper. Heat the crayfish either in steam or in the oven for a few minutes.
Divide the soup in bowls or deep dishes and garnish with the crayfish, carefully fixing it in each dish. Pour a few drops of curry oil around and serve.
By chef Giannakis Agapiou