his 15th century convent near the village of Lefkara consists of a church, cloisters and other monastic buildings. Besides performing their religious rites, the nuns also paint icons.
The convent probably began as a Dominican establishment. The church is the common mix of Byzantine and Gothic styles, with a pointed vault with traverse ribs and side porticos.
On the north and south walls are two large paintings of Agios Georgios and Agios Minas dated 1757. Eighteenth century monastic buildings surround the church, with cloisters to the west.
Postal Address: Monastery Agios Minas T. K.7717 Larnaca
Accreditation: Metropolis Tremithuntos
Operation Period: All year
Hours: Winter Hours Daily 04:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 18:00 Summer Hours Daily 04:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 18:30
Facilities: Parking is available. The monastery and the church is accessible for people in wheelchairs. There are restrooms but no for people in wheelchairs. There is a shop where visitors have the opportunity to purchase various souvenirs such as books, images and traditional products such as honey, sweets, herbs, grapes figs. Transactions in cash only.
Courtesy of the CTO