75 year old in hospital with burns after storeroom catches fire

October 2, 2018 at 3:37pm
Edited by

A 75 year old woman from the Paphos district is in serious condition in Nicosia Hospital after suffering burns from a fire that broke out in her storeroom.

The woman was boiling olives in the yard when under conditions that are being investigated, the storeroom caught fire.

Three firetrucks sped to the scene. The small storeroom, which was full of flammable items such as bales of hay, plastic cases of olives and irrigation pipes was completely destroyed.

The woman sustained burns and was taken first to Paphos Hospital Accident and Emergency unit and from there because of the seriousness of her condition to Nicosia Hospital.

Her condition is described as serious but out of danger.