Menu
Local

20 month old boy died of asphxia

September 3, 2018 at 3:19pm
Edited by

A 20 month old boy who died in Limassol on Friday had choked on a piece of meat, state pathologist Eleni Antoniou said on Monday after carrying out a post-mortem.

She said that the toddler had died of asphyxia after a meat bolus got lodged in his trachea.

The boy was being fed blended food by his mother at his Erimi home when he choked. Despite efforts by first responders and by doctors at Limassol Hospital he was pronounced dead at 9.20 pm.

Read more

20 month old dies after choking on food in Limassol