If you know of an outstanding business in Larnaca or Famagusta, there is still time to nominate them for the Daxi Business Awards 2016.
The Daxi Business Awards, now in their sixth year, are presented by the Daxi Group, publisher of Daxi, the monthly lifestyle publication targeted at English-speaking residents in eastern Cyprus.
Nominations, which close on October 16, can be made for legitimate companies or branches of companies within the Famagusta or Larnaca region. Any type of business of any size can be nominated and there is no requirement for these businesses to be advertisers or clients of Daxi.
Nominations must be made within 11 categories, while the final category, Overall Winner, will be chosen from among the category winners.
Winners will be chosen by panel members selected for their knowledge, experience and expertise in dealing with a large variety of businesses in various fields.
Anyone can nominate any business and all nominations are anonymous. Note that only one nomination is required, as the decision on winners is based on business panel interviews and research and not the number of nominations.
Nominating a company puts that company in the award process and in front of the panel. A category will close once it has 12 individual companies nominated for that category.
- Best Newcomer. Sponsored by The Cyprus Eastern Owners & Buyers Forum, for businesses aged 12 – 36 months at the point of nomination.
- Innovation. Sponsored by the Cyprus Weekly, for businesses demonstrating innovation in their products and/or services.
- Outstanding Customer Service. Sponsored by Future Space Heating Cyprus.
- Outstanding Achievement. For businesses 36 months old or over.
- Lifetime Achievement. Sponsored by RJ Overseas Property.
- Investment in People. Sponsored by Woodbrook Wealth Management.
- Employer of the year. Ideally nominated by a company’s employees for demonstrating outstanding commitment to training, working conditions, and rewards and recognition structure for employees.
- Commitment to tourism. Sponsored by CC Law Services.
- Heart of Gold. This award, unrelated to business, is for someone who gives selflessly to others for no personal gain.
- Service Provider (new award). Sponsored by Lithotechnic Printers
- Outstanding Contribution to the Community. Sponsored by the Daxi Group for charities, associations and non-profit groups or organisations.
- Business of the Year 2016. Sponsored by the Daxi Group.
- Overall Winner. The overall winner of the Daxi Business Awards 2016 will be chosen from all nominees in all categories (with the exception of nominees for the Heart of Gold and the Outstanding Contribution to the Community awards).
The Daxi Business Awards were founded in 2011 by Natalie Reed, owner of the Daxi Group.
“I work with many new and existing businesses and individuals,” she said.
“I am particularly interested in those nominees who had been persistent and overcame obstacles, red tape, aggressive competition and personal and financial challenges, as well as those who have invested in the development of themselves and their staff.”
For further details on the award and the rules for making nominations, visit www.thedaxigroup.com