Archbishopric

The new Archbishopric, the seat of the Cyprus Orthodox Church, was built in 1960 in a neo-Byzantine style. The Old Archbishopric, built in 1730, stands alongside it. Its ground floor houses the Ethnographic Museum of Cyprus.

 

Check Also

Metochi Ieras Monis Kykkou (Kykkos Monastery Dependancy)

To the northwest of Polemi village there is an interesting group of buildings of traditional …

Paralimni churches

After the city of Ammochostos (Famagusta) was occupied by Turkish troops in 1974, this small …